What is happening?
TCNJ is upgrading the campus phone system through Summer 2014. The core equipment will be installed during the month of May. All phones in faculty and staff offices will be replaced by Fall 2014. While most phones currently installed in residence hall rooms will be removed permanently, new emergency phones are being installed in residence hall hallways to augment safety and security. These emergency phones will be activated in August 2014.
Campus offices will be contacted in May 2014 to discuss needs and configuration. More information to follow!
The current telephone system is approximately 20 years old and lacks many of the features found in more current systems.
Phone: Alcatel Lucent 4029 digital phone (in most offices)
Some phone features:
- Improved, interactive interface
- Caller ID window
- Three way conference calling
- Searchable phone directory from keypad
- Add a second person to a call
- New voice mail system
- Improved, full-duplex speaker-phone
- Call transfer, call forwarding, call hold, customized voice greeting, call redial …
Frequently Asked Questions:
Visit the dedicated FAQ page.